Sunday 19 August 2012

PES 2013 Video - On The Pitch

Start of the new English Football season yesterday!

Now we're back on footy after the Olympics, it will only seem a matter of time before PES 2013 is with us and I'm looking for some changes in English football like I am from PES this autumn, because the manner in which the Olympics showcased sport for what it can be (certain badminton players aside) - hard work, fairness, sacrifice and endeavour, makes you wonder if certain players will still dive, cheat, moan, suck their thumbs after scoring etc now the football season is underway.

Course they will.

Can PES 2013 regain some of what was lost years ago. I had a quick blast on PES 2012 yesterday and after just 2 games lost interest. The computer seemed to be in 'cheat mode' again, stopping me clearing my lines, making my manual passes go astray etc :( , and I just thought, "Please Seabass, show me the way this autumn!". Breath not being held due to previous experience of Konami launch days.

This video shows what looks like improvement, but the proof will be in the playing of the final version, the demo didn't really tell enough, as you'd expect.


Anyway, another poor start by the Rams yesterday, 2-2 against the Owls.

Looking forward to seeing the superb Championship patch brought out by the PES fans, especially Glen The Magpie et al.

Results from BBC Football: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/results

Keep checking www.pes2013.org.uk for updates.

3 comments:

  1. I've never gotten into PES the way Derbyboy has,although I'm not doubting that it is a great game. I hate to say it but I was always dazzled by the licenses that FIFA had and being able to play what I thought was a "proper" career mode. Also, as footy games developed since the days of sensi soccer I must admit to being put off by the sheer number of moves and buttons that were needed to play a good game and didn't have the patience to learn them all. I liked to stick to the "this button passes and this one shoots" method!. Whenever I played games against Derbyboy I did think that PES played a better game of footy though compared to FIFA(And I did enjoy getting the odd victory against a PES master! :-) )I have owned PES 11 on the PS3 which I never really gave enough time to and I had PES 08 on the Wii which I wanted to give a special mention to. This was a game where I truly felt I was controlling the team rather than one player at a time, it was like a tactics board during games being able to "drag" players with the remote to where you wanted them to go and not have to rely on the sometimes dodgy AI of other PES/FIFA games (I always got annoyed when running down the line wanting the winger to make a run and he'd just stand still and ultimately get in the way)The wii version didn't have a master league though (I think it did in the 09 version)instead you created a team and entered it into different tournaments. After you won games you got chance to select a card a random which then revealed a player to add to you team if you wanted to. Anywho, I'll be interested to see what changes/improvements Konami make in PES 2013. It would be great to see a few more licensed teams/leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derbyboy, in the interest of balance (and sizing up the enemy!) Why don't you download the FIFA 13 demo (91% in Gamesmaster magazine) and see how it compares to PES 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already have done mate! FIFA demo is good, no doubt, but PES is just my game of choice, especially after receiving it early from Shopto on Thursday.

    Played a few games and the same old frustrations are there (they always will be I think), but PES is back! :)

    ReplyDelete